Hi everybody. I am an occasional LyX user, and I am starting to use it again after quite a long break. I may have already asked the question in the past, but I am afraid I did not receive an answer, and I was not able to find a hint in the documentation nor in the mailing list archive.

I have LyX 1.4.3 installed on a Mac g4, running Mac OS X 10.4.8. I would simply like to use my keyboard (standard mac US ascii, I believe) the way I am used to (i.e. punctuation symbols written right away, accented character composed by the standard Mac sequence, such as, e.g. <opt>-e-e = "é"). With my present LyX configuration (which I may have inadvertedly altered from the default one), accented characters are obtained by the sequence <punctuation symbol>-letter, e.g. ","+"c"="ç". Regular punctuation symbols are obtained by striking the punctuation key twice. I find it annoying that I have to use a non-standard key-stroke sequence to obtain accented characters, and even more annoying that I have to strike punctuation keys twice in order to obtain a plain punctuation symbol.

Can anybody help?

Many thanks in advance
Stefano

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA & DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
[+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)