Paul A. Rubin wrote:
Boyd, Craig wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to print to a file and I keep getting the following message:

Windows cannot find 'and'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, then click Search.

This message is generated when lyx executes the following command:

python -tt "C:/Program Files/LyX14/Resources/scripts/clean_dvi.py" "MyTextFile.dvi" "tmpfile.out"

After I click OK on the above error message it gives me one more pop up box before it returns to the text:
"Please make sure your printer is set up properly."

I am running Windows XP Home edition. I installed from the network install of lyx for Windows. The executable is lyx-143-5-bundle.exe

Thanks.

Craig

I assume you are using File->Print... (or ctrl-P) and then setting the destination to a file? The problem is that LyX is not wrapping the destination string in quotes, so spaces in the destination bugger the process. From the "and", I'm guessing that your destination is somewhere in, say, "My Documents" (whose full path is C:\Documents and Settings\....").

I'm going to file a bug report. Meanwhile, the work-around is to specify a space-free path (for instance, C:\temp\filename or C:\windows\temp\filename).

/Paul

Paul,

That was the issue! Thanks for reporting the bug and giving me the work-around.

Craig