Message: The page could not be rendered.

Data: This is dvips(k) 5.95b Copyright 2005 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)

' TeX output 2006.12.04:0927' ->
<tex.pro><texps.pro><special.pro>. <cmr10.pfb>[1

<0C__Documents_and_Settings_Stephen_Desktop_graph1.eps>

<0C__Documents_and_Settings_Stephen_Desktop_graph1.eps>]
Source: DviPage.cpp

Line: 1034

MiKTeX: 2.5

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

SystemAdmin: yes

PowerUser: no

SharedSetup: yes

BinDir: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5\miktex\bin

Root0: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5

Root1: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local Settings\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5

Root2: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5

Root3: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5

Install: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.5

UserConfig: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5

UserData: C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local Settings\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5

CommonConfig: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\MiKTeX\2.5

CommonData: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MiKTeX\2.5

Stephen Weymouth

PhD Student

University of California, San Diego

Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies

& Department of Political Science

(858)534-7687

Dude! UCSD has one of the best known Computer Science programs in the US. Can't you get them to fix it?

Ok, just kidding. First thing I would try is the following. Open the document in LyX and do View->DVI. While you're staring at the image-free output (or the associated error message), use Windows Explorer to locate your LyX temp directory. Unless you modified the path (in Tools -> Preferences... -> Paths -> Temporary directory), you'll find it in C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen\Local Settings\Temp.

Now see if there is a file named 0C__Documents_and_Settings_Stephen_Desktop_graph1.eps sitting there. If yes, try to open it with Ghostview (or whatever you use to view EPS files). This is by way of checking that the file itself (a) has been copied to the temp directory from your desktop (suitably renamed) and (b) is intact.

/Paul