In a recent message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Georg Baum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote.

Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2006 21:17 schrieb Nick Hopton:

QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 2
QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted

Can anyone tell me what is happening here, LxY appears to be looking for
QPainter but not finding it even though I have installed Qt 4.2.2 Open
Source Edition? Most of the features of LyX still seem to work okay, but
I'm curious about the messages.

This is a programming error, it has nothing to do with your setup. AFAIK
people are aware of that, and it will be fixed for the final release.
[...]

Many thanks for this, Georg.

Regards,
Nick.