On 21 Dec, 2006, at 3:39 AM, Georg Baum wrote:

It is relevant. If tex2lyx does not find some support files like layout
files it does not work at all. Where did you get tex2lyx from? If you
compiled it yourself you have to make sure that it gets correctly
installed.

I did install it from sources months ago, when I was still running LyX 1.3.7. But then I upgraded to LyX 1.4.3---isn't tex2lyx installed as part of the general LyX installation? I am more than willing to reinstall it, but the package available for download (at http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/LyX/MacOSX/tex2lyx_MacOSX_21Jul05.zip) does not indicate any specific installation instruction. It just contains the files to be copied into the subdirectories of LyX.app. Is there anything else I should do to correct the installation?

Cheers,

Stefano

Georg

Stefano Franchi
Department of Philosophy                  Ph:  (64)  9 373-7599 x83940
University Of Auckland                  Fax: (64) 9 373-8768
Private Bag 92019                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auckland
New Zealand