On Sun, 2007-01-28 at 20:32 -0600, Les Denham wrote:
> On Sunday 28 January 2007 18:55, Kenward Vaughan wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > I have an older LyX file for my classes which I opened for the semester,
> > and cannot get the file to properly print out using US letter in
> > landscape mode.  It insists on being A4.  I have never had this happen
> > before, and am frustrated because I've no clue what the issue is.  I'm
> > using Debian Sid/LyX 1.4.3.
> >
> > Is someone able to "quickly glance" at it and tell me what weird thing
> > has happened?  I'd really appreciate it.  I've attached it (I don't
> > think it's too big, but please correct me if wrong).
> >
> Kenward,
>
> I loaded it into Lyx 1.4.1 on Gentoo Linux and it came out in Letter without
> me doing anything (see attached).  The margins could be evened a little, but
> it's definitely Letter.  There may be something different in 1.4.3.
>
> Les

I get the same for pdf output no matter what I set for the margins, when
I use Acrobat.  When I use xpdf, it looks great.  When I use gv it does
not work.  I don't understand the pdf differences, but do know that my
students (from Windows land, with nary a glimpse at much beyond
Word/Acrobat) won't get the proper layout.

??? very frustrating.

Thanks for the input, Les!

Kenward

ps. what the heck is "xdg-open?"  It keeps popping up iceweasel to
display something, which is a very wasteful move.  I'm slowly changing
various format viewers over to what I expect for them--it's faster, more
intelligent (IMHO), and not irritating.
--
In a completely rational society, the best of us would aspire to be
_teachers_ and the rest of us would have to settle for something less,