I have a more and more annoying problem. The pdf-files I create works for about 90% of the colleagues I send them to. But on some computers (or rather installations) the fonts get messed up. This has always been on Windows machines (but that could be because almost all my colleagues use that). The problem can be that all text is typeset in a mono-spaced font, or that the math-fonts disappear, or in printing (mainly I get described by mail, so I can not get the details of the problem, but it seems to differ). An example is the file on http://homepage.mac.com/anek/Download/ Litteratur_utm_brottmek.pdf which, when I brought it up in Acrobat Viewer (via IE) on a Windows machine, looked fine on screen, but then printed with a mono-spaced font. The problem has occurred with various versions of LyX 1.4 and with different templates and ways to generate pdf (pdflatex, via dvi, via postscript, etc).

Has anyone experienced anything similar. Or better still, does anyone know about a cure?! (The one I have is opening the file in GraphicConverter, saving as Tif, re-opening and printing as pdf, but this is not really ideal...)

Thanks in advance!
Anders Ekberg