Miki Dovrat wrote:

> A question for the Hebrew users of lyx/latex.
>
> How do I change the font of the entire document?
>
> The lyx editor allows only to mark some text as belonging to a different
> font family (sans serif, typewriter), but I don't know which Hebrew fonts
> these are (although they are different).
>
> The Culmus projects has some nice fonts, and I understand these are
> installed either as ivritex on Linux or separately for MikTex on windows.
>
> I would like to use them, but I don't see any documentation about that,
> either in lyx or for latex, or even on the culmus or ivritex sites.
>
> If someone knows the obvious answer I haven't found, please let me know.

I don't know hebrew at all, but I installed the ivritex packages on my
debian box, and all I need to do in order to use the culmus fonts is to set
the text language to hebrew. I know that because babel serahces for some
other nonexisting  fonts without these packages installed, and latex
compilation fails.
I guess that these fonts are automatically used if you simply set the
document language to hebrew.

Georg