Hello,

ok. Attached you find a sample .lyx + xfig file.
When I go to preferences in LyX there are a number of converters, including some like FIG -> EPS, FIG -> PDFTEX and FIG -> PSTEX, which I guess would be the relevant ones. I read on http://www.xfig.org/ userman/latex_and_xfig.html something about the psfig package. Could it be this, which I am missing?
Thank you for the great help!

Phil