Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Hello LyXTesters,

I published a new version with LyX1.5.0svn from 01-02-2007:

http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=12153

Now this know problem should be fixed with the new MiKTeX version that comes together with this installer:

Known problem:
- LyX's package and class database is incomplete when you don't have an open internet
  connection while LyX is first started. (This is a bug in MiKTeX.)
  Workaround: open an internet connection and reconfigure LyX

This hopefully also kills the textclass not found problem. Due to lack of time I haven't tested it yet, so I cannot say if this is now really fixed. (I'll check this the next days.)

!You don't need to reinstall MiKTeX to benefit from the fix, just update MiKTeX using its update manager before you update LyX 1.5svn!

> [snip]

So here are my first results:

- the accentuated letters do work fine.

- The first ^ in a formula still crashes it with En-international keyboard.

- I can do a pdf with it fine, but the update does not work.... however my pdf viewer is Foxit 2.0, not Acrobat (which I do have installed, but not as default pdf reader), so it might be related to this.

- I cannot open the documentation, LyX complains about wrong file versions that lyx2lyx cannot convert.

- The first time I press ctrl-m to type a formula, 4 identical lines are printed in the console saying:
QFontengineWin: GetTextMetrics failed ()
No bad effect though, just this message.

Best regards,

Olivier.