On Friday 02 February 2007 06:47, Roland Schmitz wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> i'm looking for an code layout (environment) for LyX, wich automaticly
> inserts line numbers and a "table of contents" for all listings.
> If it's possible to configure this layout to look a bit like old "endless
> paper" (one line with white background, one with green) this would be
> exactly what i'm looking for, but that would be a goody.
> If there is a tutorial how to write layouts, a RTFM with a link will be
> enough.
> I knwo i can use the LaTeX "listing package", but ERT's are not really
> comfortable.

I've written some content on the subject of making your own environments in a
layout file. Start here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/lyx/index.htm

If you find a way to establish a line counter and print it on each line,
please let the list know. I think if you find this, something similar to your
solution will solve Jeremy Reed's "horizontal rule before every section
unless at top or bottom of page?" question.

And frankly, I'm very interested myself, in ways that LaTeX can detect and act
on automatic line and page breaking.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt