Hi Uwe,

Uwe Stöhr wrote:
Olivier Ripoll schrieb:

- I can do a pdf with it fine, but the update does not work.... however my pdf viewer is Foxit 2.0, not Acrobat (which I do have installed, but not as default pdf reader), so it might be related to this.

I'll have a look, The registry settings made ba Adobe Reader are really complicated. Normally it should be correctly detected that Foxit is the default. Now you have in your preferences for the PDF-format the viewer "PDFViewWin7", correct?

No, it's "PDFViewWin8". PDFViewWin7 does crash when I use it instead.

But what I noticed is that if I type some text, then view the pdf, do not close the pdf document, modify the LyX document and generate a new pdf, it will open but with the same content as the old one. If instead, after viewing, I close the pdf document, the one generated after the modifications will be up-to-date.

- The first time I press ctrl-m to type a formula, 4 identical lines are printed in the console saying:
QFontengineWin: GetTextMetrics failed ()
No bad effect though, just this message.

Could you please report this to bugzilla?

Well, after changing the LyX.py, I cannot see it anymore (I do not remember changing anything else on this machine).

regards Uwe

Best regards,

Olivier