Kevin> Hi, I'm having problems when using TitleLatexCommand in my
Kevin> .layout file.

Kevin> I use the command \coverpage instead of \maketitle to generate
Kevin> the title page. This command is defined in my .sty file
Kevin> (included in the Preamble section of the layout file).

Kevin> Everything goes well until I specify "TitleLatexCommand
Kevin> coverpage" in my layout file. When doing this, LyX can't
Kevin> create/convert a document to my own class named ezbook (a
Kevin> customized book class that uses ezstyle.sty). it raises the
Kevin> following error message: "The document could not be converted
Kevin> into the document class ezbook."

Kevin> When loading a .lyx file that uses ezbook class (but done prior
Kevin> adding TitleLatexCommand to the layout file), LyX crashes after
Kevin> saying: "Using the default document class, because the class
Kevin> ezbook could not be loaded."

Kevin> I thought I had done something the wrong way, but it's strange
Kevin> that removing TitleLatexCommand line solve this (it solves the
Kevin> problem of crashing the app, but of course, it doesn't solve
Kevin> using a custom title command :)

I guess there is an error in your layout file. You should be able to
see it by using Console.app (you are on a mac, right?). Once we know
what the error is, I'm sure we will come up with a solution.

JMarc