On 2/7/07, Helge Hafting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bob Lounsbury wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Jürgen Spitzmüller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Bob Lounsbury wrote:
>> > Wow, that is definitely smaller than small! I assume there is nothing
>> > in-between \small and \tiny? Thanks for the tip.
>>
>> \footnotesize
>>
>> Cf.
>> http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/latex/ltx-178.html
>>
>> Jürgen
>>

> Thank you for that! I knew of the sizing above \normalsize, but not
> below.
> The \scriptsize is exactly what I was looking for.
Note that LyX already support lots of font sizes, so an easy way to
find them all is:
1. Make a test document.  Edit text styles, use every size there is.
     Now you can see the different sizew with a test print or view->PDF.
2. Export to latex, that way you find the sizing commands too.

This approach works for many other tex adjustments as well.
Note that the userguide already has examples of all font sizes,
you could simply paste that into your test document. (Wading through
a latex export for the entire userguide could take some time. :-)

Helge Hafting

Great tip! Didn't think of exporting to latex. Thanks.

Bob