On Monday 12 February 2007 06:44, Daniel Lohmann wrote:
> Hi LyX-Folks,
>
> This most probably is, as 90% of the messages on this list, more realated
> to LaTeX than to LyX itself:
>
> For my thesis I am using the koma-script book class (scrbook). I would like
> to remove (suppress) the usual page breaks before Part and Chapter headings
> in draft printings,  but print a horizontal line instead.
>
> As there is no option for this in LyX, I guess I have to redefine the \part
> and \chapter commands somehow :-) But how?
>

> Daniel

Ughh!  If you were *adding* something, like the horizontal line, it would be a
simple style redefinition. You could even try that with \nopagebreak or
something, but I doubt it will work.

What I think you'll need to do is find the defs of chapter and part in
koma-script book, copy them to  your layout file, and as a renewenvironment
remove the pagebreaks and add the line. I've done this on occasion, and it
works reasonably well.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware