Tom Schlangen wrote:
We can add Dr. Gyorgy Pota to the list of people who have had the "official" LyX 1.4.4.2 crash on open. He contacted me off-list.

Maybe this screen shot might be of help to the Windows 1.4.4.2 installer
version maintainers somehow:

http://www.tubes.mynetcologne.de/misc/lyx_crash_win_v144-2.gif (about 13kB)

This seems to confirm another report (by you, IIRC?) that a certain msvcr80.dll
module version is involved somehow.

Is anyone here able to compile a debug version of LyX and see where it crashes? I cannot reproduce it myself.

It's of course possible to try some older C++ runtime, but maybe there is a bug in LyX that would just be hidden for a while.

Joost