On Wednesday 21 February 2007 12:02, Daniel Lohmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for way to extend or customize the LyX layout (such as the
> available styles) for a particular document only. While I know how to tweak
> layouts in the global or user-specific Resources/layouts/ folder, I would
> like to avoid this, as the document is shared with a couple of other users
> and I don't want them to have to modify their personal configuration. The
> document (which otherwise uses just standard classes and a standard layout)
> should be editable "out of the box".

I do this on every document I write. I make a new .layout file, for the book,
in the directory containing the book. The new layout style starts something
like this:

#% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
#  \DeclareLaTeXClass[book]{tsjfbook}

Then I add/redefine any environments I desire.

The final step is making the file a symlink so it automatically works with
LyX:

ln -s /data/books/tsjf/tsjfbook.layout /home/slitt/.lyx/layouts/tsjfbook.layout

Then within LyX I Tools->reconfigure, and the new styles are visible.

HTH

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware