Daniel Lohmann wrote:

> What about document compatibility?

1.5 can read and export the old format. The last release in the 1.4.x series
(probably 1.4.5) will also be able to read the new format.

> I know that 1.5 has a new document format which probably can not be read
> by 1.4.x However, can I use the old (1.4.x) format with the new version
> as well? I have to collaborate with users who are still using 1.4.x...

This should work without problems if you don't use any of the new features.
If you use a new feature and export in the old format the conversion might
ignore the new feature (e.g. booktabs tables) or not convert it completely
or convert it to ERT.

If you are using 1.5 for production work please be aware that it is still
beta software, so make frequent backups etc.

Georg