>>Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:46:08 +0100
>>From: Helge Hafting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: Shu Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>CC: lyx-devel@lists.lyx.org, lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
>>Subject: Re: Lyx 1.5.0 beta1 screen fonts antialiasing?
>>
>>Shu Li wrote:
[...]
>>> I don't know if that's the problem of QT4 or Lyx, or could I set some
>>> preference to have the anti-aliasing back? Thank you.
>>My lyx 1.5 beta (on debian) does antialiasing.
>>Did you try something simple like tools->preferences->screen fonts?
>>Make sure lyx-1.5 uses exactly the same fonts as lyx-1.4.3 do.
>>Perhaps your xserver isn't capable of antialiasing all fonts, and
>>lyx-1.5 might install itself  with bad defaults.
>>
>>Do you have any other qt4 apps - do they get antialiased fonts?
>>Lyx 1.4.3 uses qt3, any qt3 setup you may have done will have
>>to be re-done for qt4 as well.

Same behaviour on my Debian Etch, where lyx-1.4.3 works fine.
Changing the Screen Fonts solves the problem for the document font, not
for the menu fonts (the popup which opens on slection of File, eg. has
anti-aliased fonts, but the spellchecker window has not).

Do I miss some package ? I don't have dependency check
when buiding from source...

--
Jean-Pierre