--- Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The default BibTeX handling of pure-URL references
> is pretty lame. The
> only real solution I've found is to add my own
> format, or to modify an
> existing one you're not otherwise using. (That way
> JabRef will still
> handle the entry for you.) If you tell me what you
> want references of
> this kind to look like, I can tell you what to put
> in your .bst file.
>
> Richard

Thank you Richard.

Have a look at
http://www.apastyle.org/elecgeneral.html for examples
of what I would like to do.

APA goes into much wilder details[1] but for my
purposes those two examples, On-line Periodical and
On-line Publication,would be just fine.

1. The creator of Papyrus a great biblio system for
the older Macs claimed it was impossible to do a
complete APA style reference list without errors. I
believe he felt the system was a bit picky and
arbitrary. However the format is used by about 1,000
journals and is commonly used as the basis for a lot
of reports etc. And I grew up with it!

http://ca.geocities.com/jrkrideau/LyX/burdett2004.pdf