7 mar 2007 kl. 19.14 skrev Paul A. Rubin:

Peter Ljunglöf wrote:
* The most important thing is the function 'word-forward' (bound to C-right). Previously it moved the cursor to the end of the current word (or the next if it already was at the end). That's the standard behaviour in most word processors and text editors. Now the cursor is moved to the beginning of the next word.

I just checked a few programs. C-right moves the cursor to the _start_ of the next word in: MS Office; WordPerfect; NoteTab; MS Notepad; and MS Wordpad. This is on Win XP; maybe things work differently on a Mac?

Hmm, interesting - it looks like there's a difference between Mac and Win. On my Mac (OSX 10.4), the behaviour is the following:

Moved to the _start_ of the _next_ word:
* Word 2004 for Mac
* OpenOffice and NeoOffice

Moved to the _end_ of the _current_ word:
* TextEdit
* Mac Mail
* GNUMail
* TeXShop
* BibDesk
* Emacs (both CarbonEmacs and AquamacsEmacs)
* Script Editor
* Mozilla Seamonkey HTML Composer

Anyway, I'm okay with moving the cursor to the start of the next word, _except_ in the following cases:

* When there's a punctuation character inbetween - then it should stop before the dot, comma, semicolon, dash or whatever.
* When there's inline math - then it should stop before the math.

This is in fact what MS Word does, and that's why Word is not annoying (in the cursor moving sense, that is:)

So, that is my humble wish - to get decent cursor movement back into LyX...

regards, Peter

      peter ljunglöf, göteborgs universitet