Hi...

Someone may recall I reported quite a while ago that composing doesn't
work here anymore, in 1.4.4. I did find a workaround by defining an
'american' keyboard.

Now I detected a number of other weirdnesses... If I type '/' o, I
automatically get รณ - no compose key necessary! It seems quite a few keys
are defined (in the american keyboard) as dead keys, which I _don't_ need
or want. (', /, `, etc) I use, eg, the /-key much more frequently as such
than as a deadkey, and now I have to type it twice. I can't imagine
anyone wanting to sacrifice all these characters (even less in an
'american' keyboard).

So, I tried to edit 'american.kmap' (in a copy in ~/.lyx/kbd) commenting
out all things 'native' - which didn't leave anything really. All keys
then behave as normal, but composing stopped working.

If I disable the keyboard selection, all is well, but, of course,
composing doesn't work anymore at all.

How can I get simply the same functionality as in other programs? I'd
just like one 'explicit' compose-key.

Completely confused...
John