No, I've used other software. They get a pretty neat result,
regardless of the column width. At most, they might stuff a lot of
white space *in between* words. FN

On 08/04/07, Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's probably done manually in a lot of cases.

Frederick Noronha wrote:
> That's true. But how do other software programmes attain this? Just
> curious... (worked in newspapers earlier... now interested in books).
> FN
>
> On 08/04/07, Richard Heck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Frederick "FN" Noronha wrote:
>> > I am trying to get Lyx to wrap text around illustrations for a book.
>> > What I notice is that if the illustration is 50% or less of the column
>> > width, the text wraps very neatly. Otherwise, the justification of the
>> > text goes awry. Is this some bug in Lyx, or is there some logic to it?
>> This is LaTeX, not LyX. The problem is that when the image consumes too
>> much space, it is nearly impossible to get the text properly justified.
>> There just isn't enough space. You may need to provide hyphenation hints
>> to get it to work.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> --
>> ==================================================================
>> Richard G Heck, Jr
>> Professor of Philosophy
>> Brown University
>> http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
>> ==================================================================
>> Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
>> Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
>> http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto

--
FN M: 0091 9822122436 P: +91-832-240-9490 (after 1300IST please)
http://fn.goa-india.org  http://fredericknoronha.wordpress.com