On Apr 12, 2007, at 4:15 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

On 4/13/07, Jens Noeckel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Here is a listing of the available LaTeX font sizes.
>>>
>>> http://www.giss.nasa.gov/tools/latex/ltx-178.html
>>
>> Thanks, Bob. I am needing a size even smaller than tiny.
>
> I'm unaware of any smaller sizing. The default document font size
> controls
> how small tiny is. If you set the default font smaller then tiny would
> decrease also.

Using TeX in the preamble, you could do any size you want (in text
mode). Here is an example LaTeX file that seems to do what is desired:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\def\supertiny{ \font\supertinyfont = cmr10 at 4pt \relax
\supertinyfont}

\begin{document}
Hello \tiny Guten Tag \supertiny Hello \normalsize Goodbye
\end{document}

Obviously, the \def ... goes into the LaTeX Preamble, and the
\supertiny command has to be entered as ERT. The size of the
supertiny font is 4pt as defined in the Preamble line, and you can
make it as small as you want!

Thanks, Jens. In case one works with Mathpazo fonts, one should
replace cmr10 by what?

Paul

I think it would be either zpplcmr, pplr, or fplmr instead of cmr10. Maybe a font expert can correct me if I'm wrong...

Jens