Stacia Hartleben wrote:

> Doesn't this also mean that it will not work for TIPA? A previous mail
> seemed promising but actually not all of TIPA is a one-to-one -
> Unicode encodes diacritics after the character, wheras in TIPA they're
> made similar to the Sanskrit (for example, \'e makes an accented "e"
> or \c{c} makes a Cedilla).

The diacritics work, since they are marked as combining characters in the
unicode file. LyX takes care of the proper order when it encounters
combining characters.

> I'd be willing to take a shot at TIPA as
> well once I have time but this little problem makes things
> difficult...It may be that LyX will have to code in new support, I
> don't know...

AFAIK not for TIPA. I already added some TIPA symbols (including the ones
you mentioned), but not all. As an example, the entry for cedilla looks
like this:

0x0327 "\\c"                      "" "combining" # COMBINING CEDILLA

Georg