My system is Windows XP Pro with all updates, Lyx 1.4.4

I managed to get Lyx on my machine, but it doesn't work. When I try to open a template it says "Document has a missing Tex class article" or what ever template I am trying to open. No output is possible. I have run recongfigure but nothing changes.

I installed from the bundle:  lyx-144-4-bundle.exe

There is no obvious way to get Lyx to recognize the printer I have, that is, hp laserjet 1012. I entered that name through preferences, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bob Ferguson