Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

You know how there's a command to print LaTeX in a very decorative way? I need something similar to print the word "ex" so readers understand I'm speaking of the ex editor, and not an ex girlfriend or ex posto facto or something. I know how to use a character style and link it to a command -- I just need to know how to make something decorative within the LaTeX I have on my system (I think it's standard texmf).
You mean the \LaTeX macro?
It doesn't do all that much, in particular, it don't change the font.
It adjust the font size a bit, move the letters up or down a little,
and moves them closer to each other.

You can do something similiar. See this URL for how the \TeX and
\LaTeX macros are defined:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~eijkhout/594-LaTeX/handouts/tex-latex/latex-tutorial.pdf

Helge Hafting