Sorry, should have been sent to the list but reply to list doesn't work with
lyx-users

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 22:06:13 +0300
From: Micha Feigin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What's with pushing babel into an all english document

On Mon, 07 May 2007 09:04:11 +0200
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Micha> I'm playing around with lyx 1.5 beta 2 (from svn) It seems that
> Micha> when exporting to latex (an all english document) lyx use the
> Micha> babel package even when it is not needed (overriding in this
> Micha> case some definitions I use).
>
> What kind of definitions? Is that a real english document?
>
> JMarc

It is a real English document which is collaborated on at the latex level so
I'd rather keep the original definitions.
In this case for mathematics, \R for \mathds{R} and \H for \mathbf{H}

Also, I haven't checked the XeTeX compatability yet, but AFAIK it doesn't mix
with babel (or at least I don't need babel for hebrew documents with XeTeX)