Urtzi Jauregi wrote:
        Hi everybody,

Since I upgraded to Ubuntu Feisty (7.04), whenever I input a special character in math mode, I just get the name of the character, not the rendered character itself.

For example: to get an integral sign I switch to math mode, type \int and press space. In previous versions, the \int would get immediately replaced by a proper integral sign; now, all I get is a red "int" on the screen. A few math characters, such as square roots, fractions, and (sub)indexes work correctly, tough.

I just asked about this a couple days ago, and got a fix from Paul Smith, who pointed me to

http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Qt

The fix of putting the tt fonts in ~/.fonts/ worked for me, except that lyx chose a symbol font as the default. Once I changed that back to a standard font, it worked nicely. I think this is set up for problems with Ubunto, not the Angstrom (zaurus) that I am setting up, so it will probably work better for you. Ignore the windows-specific Readme file in the package.

--

David L. Johnson

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."  --Ralph Waldo Emerson