On Tuesday 15 May 2007 13:24, Bo Peng wrote:
> > Personally, I'd recommend everyone on this list read "TeX for the
> > Impatient", available here:
> >
> > http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/impatient/book.pdf
>
> A 391 page long book for 'the impatient'? :-)
>
> Bo

Hi Bo,

Yeah, but it's an easy read, at least relative to all LaTeX documentation. The
organization is intiutive and useful, and don't forget, this is both an
instructive book and a reference, which makes it longer. And let's not forget
that Lamport's "The LaTeX Companion" is 1090 pages.

If you are *mega* impatient, you can read my article, "LyX, LaTeX and TeX" at
http://www.troubleshooters.cxm/linux/lyx/lyx_latex_tex.htm. At 12,000 words
it's the equivalent of a 24 page book. After you've read my article, there's
only one additional thing you need to do: read "TeX for the Impatient" :-)

Seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead messing with LaTeX without reading "TeX
for the Impatient" or an equivalent TeX text.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: Universal Troubleshooting Process books and courseware
http://www.troubleshooters.com/