NicoWinger schrieb:
Ok, this is to create one special cover, but I can't use it for the document
class to create individual covers with different names, studytopics,
professors etc., can I?

If I understood Jean-Pierre correctly, the idea is to write LaTeX macros (/covertitle, /covertopic ...) as "content" into text boxes in the XFig drawing.

If the XFig drawing is embedded in some LyX/LaTeX document, the macros in the drawing are replaced by whatever they are defined as in the document. Thus, by a /newcommand{/covertitle}{Fancy Thesis) you actually set the text that appears as title in the drawing.

That is really neat! I didn't know that trick either, never got very comfortable with XFig. I should give it another try...