Marc Flerackers wrote:
I can't seem to put any Japanese title or author in my .bib file without encountering errors. I saved my .bib file as utf8 like the CJK environment in my document. I also tried converting to \emph{} with utf2any.exe, but that just gave \emph{}statements in de pdf. Is there a way, or do I need to romanize all authors and titles?

To answer my own question in case someone encounters the same problem. It seems I needed to put \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} in the preamble to use the utf8 bibtex file with Japanese names and titles. As for romanized names, bibtex doesn't seem to like ō or \=o, but {\=o} works fine.

--
Marc Flerackers ([EMAIL PROTECTED])