--- Russell Davie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
> How can spreadsheet data be copying into LyX
> quickly?
> I can't get Open Office or Gnumeric to do this
> easily.
> Surely there must be a better way than one cell at a
> time?
> cheers
> Russel

Have a look at calc2latex at
http://calc2latex.sourceforge.net/

A very quick and dirty test seems to indicate that you
can install this macro into OpenOffice.org and use it
to create a latex table.  Then just past the resulting
code into an ERT.

I see that there is an excel2latex also but I have not
tried it (especially since is seems to say "now
available for Excel'97.

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com