Bennett,

(Intel Mac OS 10.4.9, MacTeX).

I can confirm the font display problem for Times. The font looks fine
in the PDF file.

I didn't notice the View menu issue right away, because I usually view
PDFs by hitting Cmd+T (ps2pdf), which apparently works in 1.5.0 even
if the option doesn't appear in the View menu. Before reconfiguring,
only "Open/Close Insets," "View source," "Update," and "Toolbars"
appeared in the View menu (the Update submenu was empty).
Reconfiguring added "DVI", "ps2pdf", "HTML," and "Postscript." Still
no PDFLatex, dvipdfm, or RTF.

I am still experiencing the old problem with line breaks. It is
impossible to select and delete just the line break--instead, the
character immediately before it gets deleted.

Progress report on IPA/unicode: unicode characters like schwa and
upside down "r" now work fine without any tweaking under default
settings now. Others, like theta, don't. Attempts to view PDF (ps2pdf)
get the message "some characters are probably not representable in
chosen encoding, changing encoding to utf8 could help." Changing
encoding to utf8 produces Package Inputenc errors. Changing encoding
to UTF8 produces "an empty file was generated" plus "LaTeX error: file
`UTF8.def' not found."

Finally, while playing around with the qtree package, I discovered a
small instant preview bug that is present both in 1.4.4 and in
1.5.0b3. A tree like \Tree [.a b c] will display without lines in
instant preview, but it shows up correctly in PDF (with
\usepackage[noeepic]{qtree} in the preamble). This is not a high
priority issue.

Other than that, LyX 1.5.0 looks great.

Maria