After experiencing tons of weird LaTeX errors, and reading this: http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=erroradvice, I found that the use of scrheadings was responsible for the weird behaviour.

I rewrote the preamble and fine-combed my ERT parts, and finally all traces of scrheadings were gone. So I can produce output again now.

What happened is this: scrheadings seems to affect the calculation of typearea, and as a result, I had "! Latex error: Float(s) lost".

I don't really understand that, but hey, the problem wasn't related to LyX and I solved it, so what the heck.

Hope this is useful for anyone experiencing similar problems.

-- Christian