Hi everyone,

I'm writing a report in which I would like to include several other, previously written, LyX documents as appendices to the report. I have tried both the Insert->File->LyX Document and the Insert->File->Child Document and both have inserted the previous document as a continuation of the current document, rather than a sub-section of the appendix (i.e. each new section in the previous document creates a new appendix in the current document).

I've uploaded a couple PDFs so you can see the effect.
An example previously written document is: http://www.pongle.net/~tim/lyx/previous_report.pdf
An example document which includes the previous document is:
http://www.pongle.net/~tim/lyx/main.pdf

I had a good look through the manuals and FAQs, but couldn't see anything that would help me.

My ideal result would be that the included document should be printed as if it were a separate document, except for the page numbers and perhaps a header indicating that it was Appendix A of Report Blah. Another option would be for sections to be turned into sub-sections of the appendix (A.1, A.2, etc.).

If anyone has any thoughts on how I might go about accomplishing this, they would be most helpful.

Many Thanks,
Tim

PS
I'm using LyX 1.4.4 mainly on Windows.