Concerning units, don't forget that there is only a hlaf space between number and units. A half space is produced in LyX with the shortcut "Ctrl-Shift Space" (menu Insert-> Formatting -> Thin space), see also the attached example.
Thank you for clarifying! I did try the packages units/SIunits but then changed and used all units with a protected space after the numbers as recommended in the documentation.

Could this be adapted in the documentation, please?

In section 6.5.5 of the handbook of my package there's still recommended to use a proptected spaces between numbers and units:

"A good documentation should not weigh more than 1 kg"

I am still using 1.4.3 (Ubuntu) so maybe this has already been changed.

Kind regards,
Timmie