On Jun 6, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Johannes Knaus wrote:

Well, I can confirm that Gerards PPC-Version runs just fine (flawlessly and speedy - no lags anymore) on my PPCs, while the universal binary just behaves like driving through small city streets with a truck that can't brake ;-)

Thank you very much Gerard.

Gerard: What configure settings did you use?

Anders: Does Gerard's version perform the same as yours?

I'm trying to figure out if I did something wrong that is fixable on my end, or if we should use a natively built version for PPC.

Another question (for everyone): would it be preferable to produce a universal binary (assuming we can work out the performance problem), or would you prefer separate versions for Intel and PPC Macs?

Bennett