I'm running debian etch on a 600MHz iBook and I have 1.4.3 from the
repositories and I've compiled 1.5rc1 from source.

When I'm using 1.5rc1 there is a very noticeable typing lag (kind of
frustrating to work with), especially in figure floats while 1.4.3 there are
absolutely no speed issues at all. Just for the info, since I'm sure someone
will mention it. I compiled 1.5rc1 with --disable-stdlib-debug so that is
not a factor in the slowness.

My questions are: Is this a 1.5 issue, a compiling issue, a qt issue, or am
I missing something? Is there a way to get a prebuilt 1.5rc1 version with
better speed?

I would prefer to continue using 1.5 but the speed is an issue.

Thanks,
Bob Lounsbury