William Adams wrote:
On Jun 14, 2007, at 8:29 AM, Steve Litt wrote:

I can't imagine how using a different reader would prevent LyX from creating a
pdf. That would be like being blind preventing the sun from rising. I'd
suggest you perform an ls command to find the PDF. If there's really no PDF, it's almost certainly not due to the PDF reader -- it's probably due to a
problem in the document. Try the following:

Most pdf viewers will maintain a file lock which will prevent the file from being over-written.
Strange and stupid.  A good viewer should notice the overwriting and
reload automatically.

Helge Hafting