Ares wrote:
Here I am back with a new, silly question: what is the most favourite
bibtex editor under GNU/linux? I have been using JabRef under Windows,
but I realised that it runs under the Java Runtime Environment, and I
do not want to install new components if I do not really need them...
JabRef seems to be the most popular around here. It runs fine under Linux, but you have to install Sun's JVM, as it won't work under Gnu's. One reason to prefer JabRef is that the developer of BibLaTeX, soon to be the new standard, is paying attention to JabRef. But there are a lot of options, as always with Linux: pybliographer, kbibtex, etc.

Richard

Richard G Heck, Jr
Professor of Philosophy
Brown University
http://frege.brown.edu/heck/
Get my public key from http://sks.keyserver.penguin.de
Learn how to sign your email using Thunderbird and GnuPG at:
http://dudu.dyn.2-h.org/nist/gpg-enigmail-howto