Sven Schreiber wrote:

Abdelrazak Younes schrieb:
I think these bugs will not show up in RC1 if you disable the "RTL
support" option in the Preference->Language Settings->Language option.

Very interesting, thank you for the hint!

I don't mean to be disrespectful for RTL language users, but maybe
disabling that option by default would be safer? (Assuming that the
majority of lyx users don't use RTL.)

thanks,
sven

:) . Actually, we are now experimenting with going in the other direction --- i.e., enabling this option by default --- and we may in the future get rid of the option entirely (i.e., have it always on). So it would be better if (as soon as you're using a version in which the above bugs are fixed) you would switch the RTL option back on, and then let us know if you see anything bad resulting from this: more bugs, slowness (which is solved by turning RTL off), etc. If we see that it really affects non-RTL users adversely, then we will go back to having it off by default. But if it doesn't hurt, we'd rather have it on.

Dov