Fernando Roig wrote:
Hi:

While running 1.5.0rc1 on Windows using a US keyboard configured as United States international (so I can use dead keys), all dead keys work properly except the circumflex accent (^), which neither works in text nor in math modes. BTW, it works properly in other windows programs.

Anybody knows what's going on.
I also have the circumflex set up as a dead key. My keyboard is
otherwise very different from yours. (Norwegian keyboard on linux)

Pressing circumflex in math then do nothing - precisely because
it is "dead".  The PC is then waiting for whatever vowel you
want under that circumflex.

The solution for me is to press circumflex followed by space.
Inside LyX (and outside it too), this produce a
circumflex with nothing under it - i.e. a plain circumflex. In LyX math,
this produce an exponent.

Helge Hafting