Hi all,

thanks for the hints so far. Nothing worked yet. I checked: when I do
not define any converters, lyx calls "convert". This gives the same
pixel graphics I get when I define only the svg->pdf2 converter. The
.lyx/lyxrc.defaults file contains no svg file format definitions. If I
include my converter settings in that file, nothing changes. lyx fails
to appreciate the existence of a direct path svg->pdf for use with pdlatex.

inkscape 0.45, lyx 1.4.4

Any further suggestions?
Nils