On Saturday 11 August 2007 17:05:41 Richard Heck wrote:
> Sam Lewis wrote:
> > I also would like to express my support for a on-the-fly-spellchecker. It
> > would bring LyX in line with other similar editors, where such a feature
> > has been standard for many year. A feature poll in our wiki has indicated
> > an overwhelming support for it by many LyX users. Although the
> > implementation of new features needs to be carefully weighted in terms of
> > required work effort, consideration for finally implementing an
> > on-the-fly-spellchecker in the 1.6. series should also take into account
> > its neccessity and common place.
>
> I always turn that off, if it exists. I understand that some people like
> it, but I hate it.

I can take it or leave it too. My spelling is so bad, that it's usually better
to just get one with what I want to write and then correct at the end.

Personally, I'd rather see the effort go into bug fixing the standard spell
check and integrating the spell check UI into the side bar.

--
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.