John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
On 8/12/07, Fernando Roig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Instead of on-the-fly spellchecking, did anybody think about
implmenting grammar checking (not necessarily on-the-fly)? I think
that this could be a much interesting feature.

I thought about it:
  http://wiki.lyx.org/Tools/LyX-GrammarChecker

This tool works fairly well under Linux. It "should" also work under
windows if Cygwin is installed, but it appears not to. It "should"
work on MacOS X if Perl is installed, but I haven't tried that
recently..

I've thought of getting this tool into LyX. However, this would
involve rewriting it into C++. For me it is actually more convenient
as an external Perl script, because that way I can maintain it would
out having to recompile LyX, or even restart LyX.

Yes but by converting it to C++, you could have some help maintaining it ;-)

Another option is to convert it to python as it is deeply required in LyX. This was, you could still maintain it easily and it can be integrated with LyX.

Abdel.