On Aug 22, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Nick and Anne Hopton wrote:

One other question about XeTeX, will it happily co-exist on the same XP machine as MikTeX?

Yes. I use the w32tex install in addition to MikTeX and it works fine (MikTeX was installed first, so comes before w32tex in the path statements, so MikTeX gets used in preference to w32tex, but xetex gets used from w32tex 'cause it's not present in MikTeX).

There're also instructions on ``How to use XeTeX for W32 on Web2C- based TeX distribution other than W32TeX'' --- I think those would work w/ MikTeX, but haven't investigated, since I already had w32tex set up.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer