Lance W. Haverkamp wrote:
In both 1.3.7 & 1.5.1 I've been unable to get a Figure Float Wrap to
appear in either DVI or  a print-out.  It's visible to me--I can see
both the graphic & the text in LyX.

Floated images work fine, but as soon as I try to wrap text, the entire
float becomes invisible to DVI & Post Script.  In fact, if there's
nothing else on the page, DVI complains that I sent it a blank page!
This is a latex bug or weakness.
The float wrap is implemented using the latex  package "floatflt".

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work. The wrapped stuff
sometimes disappear if it gets too near the page boundary,
or particularly  if it gets tangled up with document sectioning.

This is why I rarely use it. Even if it works at first, later
editing of the document may move the page boundary and
suddenly - no float. Latex doesn't complain loudly about
this, and so LyX don't notice.  (It'd be so much
better if latex simply failed to produce output in this case,
at least nobody would print without their wrapped stuff.)

Possible fixes:
1. Fix the floatflt latex package.  This is outside what most
   LyX developers can/will do.
2. Have LyX produce the effect using some other package instead -
   but which one would that be, that don't have such problems?
3. Make a new package - probably just as hard as (1).
4. Remove the feature because it doesn't work well.  Unfortunately,
   some people want it and are willing to put up with the problems.

What you can do is:
Try making the wrapped stuff smaller. Both narrower and
shorter.  This usually helps.  Sometimes making it wider
helps too. With less text beside your wrapped stuff,
you push the next (sub)section further down and away
from the wrapped region.

Make sure that the only stuff that will get next to the
wrap is ordinary text.

You may also want to explore other options.
The multicol package can be used to put a figure in
one column and text in the other, for example.
This instead have the problem of doing some layout manually,
i.e. you have to decide exactly what text should go beside
your figure. It is no longer "floating" in any sense.  But
at least this always works - no surprisingly missing stuff.

Helge Hafting