Hi Adrian,

From my very limited experience, one of the following may be happening:

   * you've installed aspell just for one user instead of all users as
     you did with LyX;
   * you've installed aspell, but not the dictionaries that you mean to
     use;
   * you've installed aspell and the dictionaries, but the document is
     set for a different language not covered by any of those.

You may debug the first two options going to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Aspell\Dictionaries and checking:

   * if the folder exists;
   * which dictionaries are installed.

If the dictionaries are not installed, you may download them at: http://wiki.lyx.org/Windows/Aspell6

You may verify you document language setting on LyX's menu "Document", option "Settings".

I hope that helps.

Roberto

Adrian Peter wrote:
Hello,

We recently installed Lyx 1.5.1 on Windows XP box. The installation was for all users on the machine. Lyx starts up fine, however you try to spell check the dialog pops up quickly and then disappears. When you try to click the spell check again, the dialog no longer appears and nothing happens. Does anyone know what is going on or can suggest some ways to debug this? There used to be an older version of Lyx on this machine but we uninstalled everything before putting on 1.5.1. Thank you in advance for the help.

Adrian

Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe. Claim your treat today! http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2

--
-------------------- Roberto Gorjão