Hong Son Nghiem schrieb:

I have lyx 1.5.1 installed on a windows XP pro SP2 machine.
> All work fine except when I tried to update or install a Miktex
> package on the fly. There's always an error messge "failure
> when receiving data from the peers".

Log in as administrator and check if "install missing packages on the fly" is enabled in MiKTeX's settings. Then start MiKTeX's update program and try out different "remote package repository". (For the alternative LyX Windows installer the MiKTeX setup is done automatically and the repository "ftp.tu-chemnitz.de" is predefined.)

regards Uwe